The 2017 Minnesota Randonneur event schedule is ready to peruse and register for rides. Existing rides from previous years will have cue sheets and GPS links – these may change as the ride date nears depending on road conditions or other improvements to the route. If you register for a ride or indicate you are interested you will receive via email any updates prior to the ride
Some ride dates are for new routes that will be created as the year goes on. We have some ideas for routes but if you have a good route you would like to see other randonneurs try out, contact MnRando@aol.com (Rob) and let’s put it together.
A pdf of the schedule is available here: minnesota-randonneurs-2017-schedule-final-sept-2016 (as of December, 2016). Ride details can change so be sure to check the website and register online for the rides you want to do.
Some of the highlights for 2017 include:
- The Northwoods Ramble 1000k ride will be run again in August (17-20) – a beautiful ride up to the North Shore using parts of the Munger Trail, down through Northern Wisconsin to New Richmond then along the Mississippi down to Winona before coming back to the Twin Cities on the Minnesota side.
- Special randonneur weekends:
- Black River Falls – ride a brevet or populaire on Saturday and Sunday, enjoy a rando BBQ at DanDiehn’s place. Beautiful roads, fun routes.
- Richland Center – join the Driftless Randonneurs for a dart/populaire weekend and a feast at RBA Greg Smith’s place (July 15-16)
- Sioux Falls – finish your Super Randonneur series with a scenic 600k sponsored by the Falls Area Randonneurs, organized by RBA Bruce Jones on September 9-10
We also offer a growing number of permanent rides, available to RUSA members. Information on our permanents can be found through the RUSA Permanent website.
For more ride information or questions, please send an email to MnRando@aol.com or call Rob at 612-801-4196